Careers with PPL
Over the last 12 years PPL has grown to become one of the Financial Times top management consultancies in the UK and winner of MCA Awards for Innovation, Client Service & Value and Ethical Behaviour.
As a Social Enterprise, we are committed to continuing to develop and grow our social impact, and to re-investing over half of our annual profits in furthering our mission to promote better health, wellbeing and economic success across the UK.
PPL is built around the quality of our delivery, the quality of our thought and insights, and the quality of our employee experience.
These three elements are critical to how we work as an organisation.
If you believe in developing and harnessing your professional skills to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our society today, you can find more details below. We look forward to hearing from you!
PPL does not use recruitment agencies: we evaluate and respond directly to each application ourselves.
If you would like to bring your intelligence, skills, experience, insights into the PPL team, we are looking for:
- evidence of strong academic / professional performance,
- demonstration of good interpersonal, relationship and communications skills,
- relevant sector experience, whether gained directly or through volunteering or supporting services in other ways,
- experience or interest in analysis, writing, organisational development and working with complexity.
Above all, we look for people who are passionate about delivering high quality results, and committed to supporting both their own professional growth and development and that of their colleagues.
A core part of our employee experience is our CMI-recognised “How We Learn” programme.
Our professional development team supports colleagues at each stage of their careers from apprentices to senior managers in developing the key skills and confidence to help organisations and communities achieve better outcomes.
And through our networks of clients and partners, we enable those skills to be put into practice working in partnership with colleagues in the NHS, central and local government, and the voluntary and community sector to make positive change happen.
At each grade, we work with you to a defined set of client expectations and performance which describes what you, as a PPL team member, will be expected to deliver. Our recruitment process gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities through a mix of interviews and aptitude tests which help establish the potential fit with roles within our team, with the opportunity to receive structured feedback at each stage.
PPL is committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all of our team, and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are treated equitably regardless of their age, race (including nationality, ethnic or national origin), disability, sexual orientation, gender (including staff who have undergone gender re-assignment), marital, civil partnership or parental status, religion or belief, or lack of religion or belief.
We recognise the fact that many people still experience discrimination, both directly and indirectly, which is why we have taken a number of steps to promote equality for both current and potential team members.
- As a Disability Confident Committed employer, we offer an interview to anyone who declares they have disability, if they meet the minimum criteria for the role
- We make reasonable adjustments where required to enable people to participate equally in the recruitment process
- We continuously review our recruitment activities to ensure that we are encouraging a diverse talent pool, and that we are minimising opportunities for bias in our decision making
- We work with members of the team to anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments to enable people to thrive at work
- We provide all members of the team with access to mental health first aiders, and an employee assistance programme, to support people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing
- We provide transparent pay scales for all members of our consulting team, so team members can be confident that they are receiving equal pay for work of equal value
We welcome applications from existing consultants and from those wanting to move into consultancy with a social purpose.