Quality Improvement & Workforce Development
The Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) is the professional voice of HR in healthcare. They support and develop HR staff to improve the people management contribution in healthcare and ultimately improve patient care. The HPMA London Academy runs an annual programme of targeted training events for workforce professionals in London.
We worked with HPMA London to design and deliver two programmes as part of their annual programme
- “Do the work, change the work”, a day focused on Quality Improvement and
- “Designing for tomorrow’s workforce today”, focused on workforce redesign and profiling.
The project created an engaging and challenging learning environment for participants of both sessions, using a combination of tried and tested tools, up-to-date learning and context from the healthcare sector, and scenario-based application that challenged participants to think beyond their organisations to much wider system challenges.
Both courses received excellent feedback, with 97% of attendees saying they would recommend the course to a colleague. Participants said:
- “There are very few workforce planning courses that manage to demystify the process, and this one did – well done!”
- “The course leaders were very informative and engaging”
- “I will definitely be using the tools to QI processes back at work”
To learn more about our work in this area contact Natasha Larkin, our Lead for Organisational Development.